Venue: 1 Hacienda Grove, #03-05, Upper East Coast Road.
Fees: $85 per person. Private classes can be arranged with minimum 4 persons.
Timing: Hands-on 2-3hour session with the option to stay and eat, or take the food away.
Gluten-free/vegan options available for most menus. Corporate classes can be arranged, please enquire for more details.
This class is for you busy bees who would like to enjoy a tasty, home-cooked and nutritious meal at the end of the day. Mouth-watering but simple to prepare, these meals will take you from chopping board to plate in 30 minutes or less.
- Easy garden vegetable paella
- Curried couscous, balsamic-roasted cauliflower & peas
- Avocado flautas (pan-fried tortillas), spicy tomato salsa
Join Chef Shalu for a journey to the Middle East where you will learn exotic dishes that will jazz up any meal. Rich, spicy and inviting, these dishes will be enjoyed by all and are great centrepieces for a dinner party.
- Harira soup (Spicy lentil and tomato soup)
- Baked aubergine mechoui, spicy mint & chickpea stew
- Shakshouka (rich, spicy tomato sauce) with feta
Exotic Asian Salads
Salads don’t have to be boring. Spice up your meal and add some natural goodness with an exotic Asian-inspired salad. Using lots of fresh herbs and local spices, Chef Shalu will show you how to create salads which are nutritious, tasty and colourful – a fantastic accompaniment to any meal.
- Thai pomelo salad, coconut-tamarind dressing, crispy shallots
- Mango & avocado salad, chilli-lime dressing, toasted sesame
- Karedok (Sundanese raw salad, spicy peanut sauce)
Love going out for Sunday brunch? How about doing it at home for a change? Chef Shalu will teach you how to create sweet and savoury brunch favourites that will make you the perfect host!
- Scrummy crumpets with roasted beetroot and goat’s cheese
- Eggless orange-ricotta pancakes, toasted almonds and warm honey
- Spicy scrambled ‘eggs’ with tomatoes and mozarella
Modern vegetarian cuisine
Whether you’re hosting a fancy dinner party, or just want to enjoy some gourmet meals at home, learn how to be creative with ingredients and techniques to create delectable meals that will be the envy of your friends!
- Avocado gaspacho mousse, crispy tortilla
- Aubergine roulade, creamy butter beans, roast tomatoes
- Marinated tofu steaks with saffron couscous pilaf and caramelised onions
This class is for anyone who’s gluten-intolerant, or simply wanting to learn how to cook with healthy, unprocessed ingredients! Learn how to create healthy, gluten-free meals for the whole family.
- Savoury stuffed crepe, crispy vegetables and spicy dipping sauce
- Curried quinoa, balsamic-roasted cauliflower and lentils
- Grilled feta and spinach polenta, rocket and slow-roasted tomatoes
These mouth-watering recipes put a modern twist on festive food but can also be enjoyed at any time of the year – whether you are cooking for vegetarians or meat-eaters.
- Stuffed fig, feta and orange salad, caramelised walnuts
- Spiced roast pumpkin, sage and ricotta parcels
- Spinach, potato and leek pie in a filo shell
Flavours of Laos
This is a great opportunity to learn more about Lao cuisine, which is tasty and spicy with an interesting twist. Open your mind to some fresh new flavours.
- Stuffed lemongrass skewers, peanut dipping sauce
- Tofu in coconut cream, crispy basil and roast chillies
- Spicy smoked eggplant dip, local greens
Authentic Indian cuisine
Everyone loves Indian food but it’s daunting to re-create at home because of the sheer number of spices involved. Let Chef Shalu break it down for you and explain the use of ingredients, spices and techniques. Master the skills of cooking an authentic Indian meal from scratch.
- Aloo tikis, spicy coriander-mint chutney
- Vegetable butter masala
- Keralan eggplant curry
Tofu is often overlooked as most people don’t know how to cook it in a flavourful way. Let Chef Shalu teach you basic techniques on using this highly versatile, protein-packed ingredient in a variety of cooking styles and discover some surprises about cooking with tofu. You will see the humble tofu in a new light!
- Crispy black pepper and five-spice tofu
- Grilled tofu and herb cakes, spicy tomato salsa
- Mapo tofu (Szechuan style spicy tofu)
Sensational Soups & Salads
Salads and soups don’t have to be boring. They can be tempting, tasty and colourful and help to balance your everyday meals by injecting freshness and plenty of essential nutrients.
- Roast balsamic beetroot, feta and orange salad, caramelised walnuts
- Chilled pea & cucumber soup, fresh mint
- Marinated haloumi, spinach & roast tomato salad
Flavours of Southeast Asia
Use fresh local ingredients and spices to make 3 different Southeast Asian dishes – Singaporean, Malaysian, Indonesian. Add some variety to your life!
- Sambal eggplant (Grilled eggplant in slow-cooked, spicy tomato sauce)
- Sayur lodeh (Indonesian coconut curry with garden vegetables & tofu)
- Singapore-style mee goreng (Stir-fried noodles in a spicy sauce)
Rustic homestyle Sri Lankan
If you haven’t tried Sri Lankan food, learn some spectacular homestyle dishes. Simple, flavourful and spicy curries with a twist.
- Eggplant moju (Sweet and sour eggplant in spicy tamarind sauce)
- Okra in coconut curry
- Tempered mushrooms
- Coconut sambol
Entertain in style by learning some tasty tapas. Mouth-watering but simple to prepare, these hors d’oeuvres will surely impress your guests and add some fun to pre-dinner cocktails!
- Wasabi pea and corn fritters
- Sesame sweet potato wedges, curried peanut sauce
- Spinach & potato cakes, roasted tomato salsa
Classic Thai favourites
Fusing the elements of several Southeast Asian cultures, Thai cooking is all about fresh flavours with aromatic ingredients and a good level of spice. Great emphasis is placed on detail, variety and balance of four fundamental taste senses: sour, sweet, salty, and spicy.
- Classic Tom Yum soup
- Vegetable Green Curry (make the paste from scratch)
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
Time to De-tox!
Learn healthy recipes that will cleanse your system and make you feel good from inside out! Create delicious meals using nutritionally-rich ingredients that are low in fat and high in antioxidants.
- Green goddess soup
- Japanese noodle salad with tofu, edamame and orange-ginger dressing
- Quinoa and sweet potato cakes, spicy cilantro-almond pesto
Healthy Vegan cooking
This class is designed especially for vegans, but is open to everyone. Learn healthy recipes using interesting ingredients to replace everyday dairy products. Low in fat, high in taste!
- No-cream of mushroom soup
- Aloo palak (Creamy spinach curry with baby potatoes)
- Chocolate-banoffi mousse
Fresh & flavourful Vietnamese
Classic Vietnamese dishes with an emphasis on using the freshest herbs and vegetables. These dishes are light and tasty but full of flavour, perfect for our hot climate.
- Fresh rice paper rolls with mango, cucumber & mint, nuoch cham
- Spicy tofu with lemongrass & basil, roasted peanuts
- Banh Xeo (Vietnamese savoury crepe stuffed with crispy vegetbles, fresh herbs)