Venue: 1 Hacienda Grove, #03-05, Upper East Coast Road. Spore 457908
Fees: $85 per person. Private classes can be arranged with minimum 4 persons.
Timing: Hands-on 3 hour session with the option to stay and eat, or take the food away
Schedule: For current schedule, please refer to Class Schedule. To book a private class or arrange a corporate session with customized menus, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 97631483 to discuss your bespoke event!
Please let us know of allergies when booking the class and we will let you know if we can accommodate.
All menus are vegan unless otherwise stated. Gluten-free options available upon prior request for most menus.
This class is for you busy bees who would like to enjoy a tasty, home-cooked and nutritious meal at the end of the day. Mouth-watering but simple to prepare, these meals will take you from chopping board to plate in 30 minutes or less.
- Garden vegetable paella
- Curried couscous, balsamic-roasted cauliflower & peas
- Avocado flautas (pan-fried tortillas), spicy tomato salsa
Join Chef Shalu for a journey to the Middle East where you will learn exotic dishes that will jazz up any meal. Rich, spicy and inviting, these dishes will be enjoyed by all and are great centrepieces for a dinner party.
- Harira soup (Spicy lentil and tomato soup)
- Baked aubergine mechoui with spiced couscous
- Shakshouka with vegan eggs
Exotic Asian Salads
Salads don’t have to be boring. Spice up your meal and add some natural goodness with an exotic Asian-inspired salad. Using lots of fresh herbs and local spices, Chef Shalu will show you how to create salads which are nutritious, tasty and colourful – a fantastic accompaniment to any meal.
- Thai pomelo salad with coconut-tamarind dressing
- Miso aubergine, cucumber and green tea noodle salad
- Karedok (Sundanese raw salad, spicy peanut sauce)
Love going out for Sunday brunch? How about doing it at home for a change? Chef Shalu will teach you how to create sweet and savoury brunch favourites that will make you the perfect host!
- Scrummy crumpets with roasted beetroot and goat’s cheese
- Eggless orange-ricotta pancakes, toasted almonds and warm honey
- Spicy scrambled ‘eggs’ with tomatoes and mozarella
This class is for anyone who’s gluten-intolerant, or simply wanting to learn how to cook with healthy, unprocessed ingredients! Learn how to create healthy, gluten-free meals for the whole family.
- Savoury stuffed crepe, crispy vegetables and spicy dipping sauce
- Curried quinoa, balsamic-roasted cauliflower and lentils
- “Cheesy” grilled polenta, rocket and slow-roasted tomatoes
Festive cooking (only available in December)
These mouth-watering recipes put a modern twist on festive food but can also be enjoyed at any time of the year – whether you are cooking for vegetarians or meat-eaters.
- Stuffed fig, feta and orange salad, caramelised walnuts
- Spiced roast pumpkin, sage and ricotta parcels
- Spinach, potato and leek pie in a filo shell
Flavours of Laos
This is a great opportunity to learn more about Lao cuisine, which is tasty and spicy with an interesting twist. Open your mind to some fresh new flavours.
- Stuffed lemongrass skewers, peanut dipping sauce
- Tofu in coconut cream, crispy basil and roast chillies
- Spicy smoked eggplant dip, local greens
Authentic Indian cuisine
Everyone loves Indian food but it’s daunting to re-create at home because of the sheer number of spices involved. Let Chef Shalu break it down for you and explain the use of ingredients, spices and techniques. Master the skills of cooking an authentic Indian meal from scratch.
- Aloo tikis, spicy coriander-mint chutney
- Vegetable butter masala
- Keralan eggplant curry
Tofu is often overlooked as most people don’t know how to cook it in a flavourful way. Let Chef Shalu teach you basic techniques on using this highly versatile, protein-packed ingredient in a variety of cooking styles and discover some surprises about cooking with tofu. You will see the humble tofu in a new light!
- Crispy black pepper and five-spice tofu
- Grilled tofu and herb cakes, spicy tomato salsa
- Marinated Tofu steaks, coconut-chilli sauce
Sensational Soups & Salads
Salads and soups don’t have to be boring. They can be tempting, tasty and colourful and help to balance your everyday meals by injecting freshness and plenty of essential nutrients.
- Roast balsamic beetroot and orange salad, caramelised walnuts
- Chilled pea & cucumber soup, fresh mint
- Moroccan-spiced Carrot & Avocado salad
Flavours of Southeast Asia
Use fresh local ingredients and spices to make 3 different Southeast Asian dishes – Singaporean, Malaysian, Indonesian. Add some variety to your life!
- Sambal eggplant (Grilled eggplant in slow-cooked, spicy tomato sauce)
- Sayur lodeh (Indonesian coconut curry with garden vegetables & tofu)
- Singapore-style mee goreng (Stir-fried noodles in a spicy sauce)
Rustic homestyle Sri Lankan
If you haven’t tried Sri Lankan food, learn some spectacular homestyle dishes. Simple, flavourful and spicy curries with a twist.
- Eggplant moju (Sweet and sour eggplant in spicy tamarind sauce)
- Okra in coconut curry
- Tempered mushrooms
- Coconut sambol
Entertain in style by learning some tasty tapas. Mouth-watering but simple to prepare, these hors d’oeuvres will surely impress your guests and add some fun to pre-dinner cocktails!
- Sweetcorn and pea fritters with homemade Sriracha sauce
- Sesame sweet potato wedges, curried peanut sauce
- Spinach & potato cakes, roasted tomato salsa
Classic Thai favourites
Fusing the elements of several Southeast Asian cultures, Thai cooking is all about fresh flavours with aromatic ingredients and a good level of spice. Great emphasis is placed on detail, variety and balance of four fundamental taste senses: sour, sweet, salty, and spicy.
- Mushroom Tom Yum soup
- Vegetable Green Curry (make the paste from scratch)
- Vegetarian Pad Thai with crispy tofu
Time to De-tox!
Learn healthy recipes that will cleanse your system and make you feel good from inside out! Create delicious meals using nutritionally-rich ingredients that are low in fat and high in antioxidants.
- Green goddess soup
- Warm soba salad with tofu, edamame and miso-ginger dressing
- Quinoa and sweet potato cakes, spicy cilantro-almond pesto
Healthy Vegan cooking
This class is designed especially for vegans, but is open to everyone. Learn healthy recipes using interesting ingredients to replace everyday dairy products. Low in fat, high in taste!
- No-cream of mushroom soup
- Vegetable no-butter masala
- Dark chocolate-orange mousse
Fresh & flavourful Vietnamese
Classic Vietnamese dishes with an emphasis on using the freshest herbs and vegetables. These dishes are light and tasty but full of flavour, perfect for our hot climate.
- Fresh rice paper rolls with mango, cucumber & mint, nuoc cham
- Spicy tofu with lemongrass & basil, roasted peanuts
- Banh Xeo (Vietnamese savoury crepe stuffed with crispy vegetbles, fresh herbs)
Traditional Mexican dishes with a modern twist to keep it healthy. Simple, fresh, flavourful and spicy – this is one menu you will make over and over again
- Tofu, corn and blackbean quesadilla with roasted tomato salsa
- Cauliflower tacos with caramelised onions and chimichurri sauce
- “Cheesy” Quinoa-stuffed peppers
Low carb options that you can incorporate into your daily diet to help you kickstart a healthy routine!
- Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri sauce
- Zoodles with mixed herb pesto
- Spiced Chickpea and tofu pancakes
Spicy Szechuan cuisine
Spice it up in this session where you will learn 3 classic Szechuan-style dishes from scratch.
- Mapo Tofu
- Szechuan-style spicy eggplant (Yuxiang Qiezi)
- Szechuan dry fried green beans (Gambien Siji Dou)
In this class, you will learn how to cook authentic vegetarian Indonesian cuisine. Fresh, spicy and tasty curries and sambals made from scratch using easily available local ingredients.
- Nasi Goreng
- Sayur Lodeh (Coconut curry with garden vegetables & crispy tofu)
- Sambal Goreng Tempeh (Sweet & spicy fried tempeh)
Modern, clean cuisine enhanced by delicious Asian flavours.
- Tamarind Tofu Steaks with coconut-chilli sauce
- Samosa Potato cakes with coriander pesto
- Coconut Kale fried Rice with sticky tempeh and mango sambal
Learn typical dishes from an Italian home kitchen, but with a modern and healthy twist! All dishes are vegan
- Vegan Mushroom Carbonara
- Panfried Gnocchi with Crispy Basil
- Coconut Panna Cotta with mango glaze and pistachio