Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- 115g butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 175 degrees C. Lightly grease and line an 8x4 inch loaf pan or 8” square pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add half the flour then add the bananas and vanilla. Add remaining flour and chips or nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges pull away from the pan, or it tests done with a toothpick, about 30-45minutes.
Babita Sharma says
Great Post! your Little Green Kitchen (LGK) is very fabulous. I appreciate your vegetarian food classes. And I read your recently posted recipes brilliant banana bread. This recipe is very interesting and all the clutter test it without any drama. It enhances the memory power and intelligence of children. It is healthier, cheaper and fresh environmental way of living.
Shalu Asnani says
Thank you Babita, glad you like the recipe!